Thursday, March 09, 2006

Why this Blog?

I believe most of the Blogs cater to the ego satisfaction of the author. This one is no exception. Foremost, I would like to express some thoughts which come to my mind, and prompt you to think about it.

I would like to share with you the readers, my reflections on the various topics of interest -- Banking Technology, Carnatic Music, Thoughts, Practical Philosophy(what I think!), or any other areas which come to my mind.

I know sometimes, it may be foolish. But quite often I think I need some forum to put forth my thoughts and views -- even if it is to myself. But then, if it could be useful for others, why not put it forward in public? Blogs are really an opportunity for doing so.

Further, I believe that, in every area you work in, you will have certain personal views and ideas, which can be further expanded only if you put more heads into it. If Blogs match that expectation, it will be a great opportunity for information gathering and dissemination.

Recently, I had an opportunity to attend a training programme on Implementation of Core Banking Solutions -- Challenges and Roadmap Ahead at National Institute of Bank Management at Pune, India. (I will write more about this in coming days.) On my way back, I had a lot of idle time in the train and started thinking about the ideas I shared with a lot of fellow participants in the programme. Can you start writing about it? Won't they be interested? That prompted me to look into the idea of Blogging.

I hope I will be able to sustain with this for a long time, write about various things.

All readers are welcome to give their views and comments -- or even tell me if I should stop posting here!

3 comments:

Padma said...

Sir, Thnx for commenting in my blog..blogs are the best in the world..n guess opinion differs...tht doesnt matter much...the other two articles tht u hve written were pretty good...unfortunately too naive to talk abt it.

Roshan Titus said...

A great intitiative from you, Sir. Please try to include articles on Software architecture and design also.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ajit, Nice to be in touch with your words, once again, after 2 years! Go on.. And not focus only on the technicals.. :)